Hi and thanks so much for visiting my website to find out more about myself and my work. My name is Larissa and I'm the wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart (who I married at the young age of 18) and a mama to three beautiful children (7, 4, & 2 years). I am richly blessed, and it's all due to the undeserved (but freely given) grace of God! I am so thankful to have a job that allows me to be at home with my littles but allows me a much needed creative outlet. Some of my favorite photos are ones that I take of everyday life with my family. It's those short moments which document our everyday that really inspires my style of work. I love photos with movement and genuine connections. Ones that can recollect what you felt,what you were doing at that very moment and what season of life you were in. This is what photography is to me and what I strive to provide for every client of mine. I've made a short list of things I enjoy doing along with things I don't enjoy doing to get a better idea of who I am.
Things that are awesome:
- KICKBALL. I pitch in an adult women's league for the most awesome team ever (Go Raiderettes!). You're never too old for a good old reminiscent game with great friends. Find a WAKA League near you. You won't regret it!
- Lifting weights. You feel great and let's face it, you're a little more useful in general when you're stronger. ;)
- Thrifting & Antiquing. It's an old pastime of mine. I have great memories as a child going to swap meets, antique stores and garage sales with my mom. I'm all about unique finds and solid furniture. Things just aren't made the same way these days.
- Rearranging furniture. This mostly happens late at night. Sometimes, you just have to do it…and now. (Lifting weights comes in handy for this one).
- Sleeping in past 6:30 AM. This is a rare occurrence when you have three kids who are all early birds, but it just makes it that much sweeter when it does happen.
- Coffee. This is kind of a necessity for those 95% of mornings I don't get to sleep in past 6:30AM. Oh and those days I just don't feel like going to the gym but know I should.
- Collecting furniture pieces and other "projects" to redo that I never end up doing. I am thankful for a husband that tolerates this. Hahaha.
- Rewriting lists to make them look organized and pretty. My house may not look organized, but at least my lists to organize it looks organized. :)
- Listening to records and reliving memories through music. Music is so powerful and such a gift. It's one of those things that can bring you back to a certain moment in your life again so vividly. Kind of like photography. So many feels.
- Smothering my children with affection. We are a house full of lovers! No matter how old my kids get, they are always down for some good snuggling. I love that and I hope they never change.
- Disneyland. We are kind of Disney freaks over here.
- A good fire pit surrounded by those you love. There's just something about circling a fire with your bests that is just so, so good for your soul.
- FaceTime. Living so far away from the rest of our families, this technology is such a gift.
Things that aren't awesome:
- Laundry. With 5 people, it just never ends. Ever.
- Running. I am so jealous of people that actually enjoy doing this. Haha.
- Shedding Animals. 3 cats and 2 dogs…let me say that again. 3 cats and 2 dogs.
- Getting out of the shower during the Winter.
- Opening any door or window in the house before disarming the alarm. Instant heart attack and ringing ears.
- Traffic. I was born and raised in Los Angeles and you might think I would have a better tolerance for it. Nope
And last but not least, I also love when clients turn into great friends. So, if I haven't scared you away just yet, send me a hello!